Monday, January 26, 2015

Color Mondays: Vintage Seed Catalog Vegetables

I love papercrafts of all kinds, as evidenced by my first blog, Kitchen Table Crafter.  Eventually I was not able to keep up with that blog, Design Team schedules, two kids (at that time under 3) and my papercrafts business, so it eventually lapsed into retirement.  I still find plenty of inspiration in paper though, especially vintage ads like this delightful collection of farm-fresh dairy and eggs:



Some of my all-time favorites are from vintage seed company catalogues, which feature wonderful examples of botanical illustration--a painting discipline I've tried many times, following the example of my artist grandmother and botanist mother.

This week and for the next few weeks leading up to peak planting season, the current seed catalogs are open on my kitchen table along with garden plan sketches galore.  Meanwhile, I'll let the vintage catalog artists speak for themselves for this week's Color Monday over at Porch Swing Quilts:

 
Can you tell I'm eager for the ground to thaw already?
 
Happy creating to all, whatever your medium may be.
 
--Kathryn