Saturday, May 7, 2016

Cool Melon Mosaic Contest - by Gotham Quilts and Stitched in Color

 
I'm excited to participate in the Cool Melon Mosaic Contest at Stitched in Color
and sponsored by Gotham Quilts.
 
This inspiration photos are just too wonderful to resist:
 
 
 
 
 
So, with all that gorgeous inspiration to get the color ideas flowing,
here is my fabric mosaic.  It includes a botanical, of course, some very modern
fabric choices and even the neutral polkas, which were inspired by the melon balls
in the third photo :).
 
 
I've included favorite designers like Tula Pink (Chipper fox),
Anna Maria Horner, Carolyn Friedlander, Alexia Abegg, Allison Glass,
Lotta Jansdotter, and Birch Organics.
 
What a lark through Gotham fabrics I had.
Making the mosaic (and I made a few) was almost as much fun
as putting real fabrics side-by-side in a shop...
except you can't get that wonderful feeling under your fingers.
 
While you're here, please take a quick moment to enter for my Tula Pink Book Giveaway;
the link is in the righthand sidebar for you!
 
Be well and enjoy the sunshine,
--Kathryn