Saturday, May 7, 2016

May is for Makers: Week 1 "Small Town Girl"

Good morning and a happy weekend to all!
I'm taking a break from some major house cleaning,
and wanted to share my first week's support for the
 
This week I purchased this delightful "Small Town Girl" pattern
from Pretty Little Quilts, an indie shop on Craftsy:

 
I really like the cheerfulness of this quilt, as I realized about March of this year
that I really didn't have very many quilts made for a fresh, springy look
to brighten up the rooms when it's finally time to throw the windows open
and let in the breeze.
 
I'm working on it, with my Mon Ami's Broken Dishes WIP
and my XL-twin sized Springweaver flimsy, which is now assembled and
just waiting for me to work up the nerve
to stuff it down the throat of my poor little Brother...
 
 
Dreams of wide-throated machines.... *sigh* !
 
 
So, have you read about the #MayisforMakers campaign yourself,
and are you joining in?  I know we all have a pattern wishlist, either from our
Pinterest boards or Craftsy favorites or elsewhere.
Why not support some of these beautiful professional creative this month?
 
And if you do, do tell!
 
 
Be well and enjoy the sunshine,
--Kathryn